PDA

View Full Version : Hello new to this site

Buck's Red Maple Farm
01-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Hello I just found this site and really enjoy looking at everybody's posts and setup. This will be my second year of making syrup, and the first time I use an evaporator. Last year I used a turkey fryer setup and made 2.5 gallons of syrup from 25 taps. I'm hoping to get more this year. We live in Geneva, Ohio.

DoubleBrookMaple
01-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the site. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge to be gained here, and support as well. I hope you enjoy sugaring as much as I do, and it will add something to look forward to each year. Our "fruits of labor" (and a lot of it.... labor I mean) is so nice to have and share.

BreezyHill
01-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the site with years of experience and plenty of producer welling and able to help you grow your projects.

It is good to admit your addiction. LOL

Ben

esetter
01-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Hello Buck's , new to the site myself , in my 3rd year. I am currently building an evaporator (hobbyist level 2 steamer pan set up). Im moving up hopefully from the turkey fryer. I some day hope to move up to the 25 tap system! How many gallons of raw sap did you process to get the 2.5 gallons? Welcome , people here are very gracious with their knowledge.