PDA

View Full Version : How deep do you have to drill to hit that vein?

nace
01-05-2016, 03:04 AM
The next guy that ask me that, I'm going to look around, to make sure no one else can hear, then whisper, how do you know about ..... The V E I N ?

CharlieVT
01-05-2016, 06:13 AM
You really shouldn't bring up discussion of sap veins on the web.
It really does need to be kept a trade secret.
If knowledge of its existance gets out, its gonna go viral on the internet.

BTW, I have a special sap vein stethoscope under development which I am going to market as soon as I get the patent approved.
It's gonna make hitting that vein really easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUi92jFv9uA

sugarsand
01-05-2016, 08:02 AM
This vein discusion will effect the marketing strategy for my new Sonar/Infrared Vein Locater System. Hopeful to become an overnite multimillionaire with this.

sugarsand

DrTimPerkins
01-05-2016, 10:34 AM
This vein discusion will effect the marketing strategy for my new Sonar/Infrared Vein Locater System. Hopeful to become an overnite multimillionaire with this.

Does that come with the helium injection option? :lol:

Thompson's Tree Farm
01-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Don't let the guys at Crown Maple in on it:evil:

morningstarfarm
01-05-2016, 12:02 PM
LOL...the hell with veins...I want the ARTERY!

psparr
01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
I tried an AED last year when the flow stopped with good results😄

bagpiper
01-05-2016, 06:09 PM
I've developed a very special dowsing stick that detects heavy flows through veins and arteries in mature maples, only those over 18" diameter. I'm the only one able to correctly read the vibrations through the stick - something about my body chemistry. I'm pretty much booked solid through the end of March at $150/hr. plus travel, but might be able to squeeze you in.

Jebediah
01-05-2016, 06:40 PM
I have a vein-sniffing dog.

buckeye gold
01-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Didn't Carly Simon write a song about this, Your So Vein ? One of the lyrics was I bet you think this song is about you.....

Oh on another note.....I tried to teach my dog to sniff veins and now all he does is run around and sniff peoples crotch and hump their leg. It get's kind of embarrassing when company comes around and they just just don't understand that this happens when poor training and a brain dead dog are mixed! Soon as you go into this explanation of how he's supposed to be sniffing tree trunks and not people's trunks they just make a face and kind of back off. HMmm no wonder no one visit my shack anymore.

Bucket Head
01-05-2016, 10:47 PM
I thought a vein could be located with a high-end stud finder.

sugarsand
01-06-2016, 08:04 AM
All you will find with a stud finder is Meeeeeeeeee!:evil:

51 cub
01-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Didn't Carly Simon write a song about this, Your So Vein ? One of the lyrics was I bet you think this song is about you.....

Oh on another note.....I tried to teach my dog to sniff veins and now all he does is run around and sniff peoples crotch and hump their leg. It get's kind of embarrassing when company comes around and they just just don't understand that this happens when poor training and a brain dead dog are mixed! Soon as you go into this explanation of how he's supposed to be sniffing tree trunks and not people's trunks they just make a face and kind of back off. HMmm no wonder no one visit my shack anymore.

Hey, barkeep. Who's leg do you have to hump around here to get some maple syrup?

nace
01-26-2016, 01:06 PM
The way my trees are running, I'm beginning to wonder if there really is a vein and I missed it.

red dorakeen
01-26-2016, 02:26 PM
If you hold your finger lightly on the tree you can feel it's pulse.

You may have to work your way around the tree until you find the vein to feel it.

Then you wrap an elastic around the tree and drill.

Have towels handy because the sap can come shooting out like crazy. :)