PDA

View Full Version : getting ready

sweetmoomoo
01-01-2016, 07:55 PM
just order some more buckets and hoping to tap about 60 trees this season, have to start cleaning the shack and stack wood. looking forward to the season.

mudr
01-01-2016, 08:11 PM
May I ask where you got the buckets from? I got a dozen from eBay this year myself. I have been running sacks, but figured the 12 taps in the yard would look nicer with buckets. The problem I have is the sets I come across all have 7/16 taps, which I don't want. I'd be fine getting buckets without taps, but then they do not come with lids either.

sweetmoomoo
01-01-2016, 08:25 PM
i get buckets from ebay and lids from bascoms.

5050racing
01-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Went up today just to look at things and the one 3/16 line I installed last year chewed down in three places! glad I didn't install the other parts at the end of the season! Tried to instal before the snow came but guess that won't happen,least I don't have to look for the tubing under the snow! Where not to far form starting here?

mellondome
01-20-2016, 06:45 PM
May I ask where you got the buckets from? I got a dozen from eBay this year myself. I have been running sacks, but figured the 12 taps in the yard would look nicer with buckets. The problem I have is the sets I come across all have 7/16 taps, which I don't want. I'd be fine getting buckets without taps, but then they do not come with lids either.

You can get 5/16 taps for buckets... how many buckets/lids you looking for?

mudr
01-20-2016, 07:02 PM
I picked up 12, which is what I wanted for this year just around the house to supplement my 40 sacks in the woods. I will be expanding next year, would like to put out another 30 taps or so. I know you can get 5/16 taps, because I did. The problem is, all the full sets I find are 7/16. I went with the full sets this year and just got 12 metal 5/16 taps. It was fine with 12, but if start expanding more I would feel bad if i keep buying extra taps. I wish I could find a good source of used aluminum bucket sets with 5/16 already in the package