PDA

View Full Version : New 75 cfm liquid ring?

PARKER MAPLE
12-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Hi there I acquired a 75cfm liquid ring water cooled 5hp pump this summer and have a few questions.
I definitely plan on expanding my woods here in the future if everything works out. But for now I'm planning on setting it up on one bush that has apprx 1800 taps. They are spread out over apprx 2500' of mainline. I'm running an electric releaser, and the system has a large sap ladder in the low end to lift apprx 14'. ( one ladder not multiple)
Ok so now you have an idea of the setup, do you foresee any problems with the size of this pump? Is to big a bad thing??
I'm planning once I getting the $$ to set it at my big property that has potential of 3000 taps that why I have it. But just don't have the $$ or time right now to expand there.
This pump is brand new and I am pretty excited to see it pull sap.

spud
12-29-2015, 03:00 PM
That's a whole lot of vacuum and CFM's for 1800 taps. This will work great for you but I feel sorry for the squirrel that bites into you're tubing. Even at 3000 taps it will be great. Best of luck in the upcoming season.

Spud

sapman
12-29-2015, 04:21 PM
I would only wish it has a 3-phase motor, then you could run it with a VFD and let it throttle up and down as needed. Otherwise, you'll be using way more electricity than you'd need to for that number of taps. But no doubt, it'll work great. Just might make it a little difficult knowing when you have leaks without checking gauges a ways out from the pump, as it's probably going to maintain good vac at the releaser, excepting large leaks.

PARKER MAPLE
12-29-2015, 04:45 PM
It's only single phase, but I think the amount of sap will off set the cost of the electric. How much could it really cost? Last year I ran a single phase 3 hp and bill for the month was 250$

GeneralStark
12-29-2015, 08:43 PM
75 CFM at what vac. level? My 3 hp LR pump will do 18 cfm @ 28". Depending upon the style and model of pump it maybe considerably less cfm at high vac. Anyway, if you have lots of leaks the higher CFM could be an advantage as LR pumps don't handle leaks well.