PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the nervous

MapleGroup
12-24-2015, 05:20 PM
I know some of my peers do not like asking questions because they are nervous that they are doing something wrong and they will get hassled about it. Me personally I like to ask as many questions as possible. This way I am not out in far left field and I do not have to do it many times over. We are a big maple family here on this site and we are here to help each other out. So do not be afraid to ask a question.
Anyone want to share on what they were afraid to ask the maple family? which resulted them doing it twice or cost them time and money in the long run?

morningstarfarm
12-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Lol pick a topic..any topic..this family has brought me from my first boil with 5 taps through the years to just shy of 6000 taps...I can't even begin to list the things I learned from the members...thank you all

Zucker Lager
12-24-2015, 10:29 PM
This is certainly a post for us new / little guys we have lots of questions, but will not hesitate to ask when we need to, hopefully. I'm old enough to have learned there are no stupid questions.............OK maybe I've asked a few. My arch build can probably be stuffed into the fire box of most of the sugarmakers on this site (some in their finisher) but its my hobby and a fun one at that. And even though its on a small (mini) scale it still has its problems like most things in this life. I'm just glad that you guys are there to help thanks Jay

BreezyHill
12-24-2015, 10:44 PM
The fact of the matter there is plenty of mistakes that every producer has made over the years. Even when we knew better we still did.

I think my best was on a new ladder last year and stood at the ladder trying to figure what was wrong when my middle son said this don't look right. Sure enough the bottom star was upside down.

Great Thread!

Bentley Wood Maple
12-27-2015, 04:58 AM
I've said it before but I still wish I had gone and helped someone else for a season before we started out. 7 years into it and still learning mainly by loudly exclaiming "Wow,I'm not gonna do that again!"

morningstarfarm
12-27-2015, 07:30 AM
The most important thing I have learned here over and over is that there is only two ways to do things in the woods...the right way ...and...again...and again...and again and finally again..the right way....

Sunday Rock Maple
12-27-2015, 11:32 AM
I've said it before but I still wish I had gone and helped someone else for a season before we started out. 7 years into it and still learning mainly by loudly exclaiming "Wow,I'm not gonna do that again!"

LOL-- the story of my life.......