PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tennessee

esetter
12-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Hello all , Im new to the site. I have been tapping maples for three years now (hobbyist) and really really love it. I hope to learn from everyone on here. I am currently working on a wood fired arch / evaporator. I am a welder by trade. I am hoping to increase my number of taps and production this year. There are certainly challenges to sugaring this far south but hopefully I can pick up on a few things on the site to help me out.

Super Sapper
12-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the site and the addiction. There is a wealth of information here and if you don't find what you need just ask and someone will help you.

esetter
12-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks a lot super sapper! Im a small timer. My goal this year is to collect 55 gallons of sap and to end up with a little over a gallon of syrup. I usually give it away but wouldn't mind selling a little to buy more supplies.

BillinTennessee
12-26-2015, 09:13 PM
I am also in Tennessee. I have Black Maples. Last year was great. I made 6 gallons of very good quality syrup. It is dark syrup. I am wondering if we will have any this year because it is so warm. Do you know if the sap will flow if we don't get cold enough?