PDA

View Full Version : Twitchin in Eden

syrupmaker
02-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Things are falling into place around these parts.Tanks will be set after today and hope to tap next weekend. Looking like some cold days for the week ahead,so little flow expected,(except for some brews as we work about the plantation this week)

Lots of pack in the woods now so that will help for tapping instead off sinking waist deep. Not likeing the trek to pull all the main line up and out though.

mapleman3
02-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Come on there Rick... Lets GIT R DONE... you have enough help there...
So will this be a nostalgic sugar season... last year in the ole sugarhouse?????

Good to see you back on the trader !!

maplegate
02-26-2007, 04:52 AM
Rick I am so glad to see ya on here and see that you guys are getting ready to tap. Sorry I can't be there to do my job, but right now I am enjoying the nice warm weather in CA. I will be checking in to see updates on how its going, Have a great time and tell all I wish I could be there to help and for the good times.

mapleman3
02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Peg you need to get back there for sugarin.. gotta keep Rick and the crew from tipping back too many and burnin the place down ;)

syrupmaker
03-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, we tapped em all yesterday, even added some xtras. My nephew*(Clayton for those that know him), even added some buckets to our arsenal. He wanted to run the gas drill and try his hand at tapping. He did pretty good for 10 yrs old. Now that he found out that he is in charge of dumping them everyday he doesn't think that adding 10 buckets on the creek bank was such a good idea. We were suprised at how much they were running, but by 4 o'clock they had froze up tight. Today we will finish hooking up the vac and trying out the new releaser I made up from some valves and a left over SS dairy tank found on E-bay. Works on paper and in our tinny little heads so we'll see if it works in the woods.

maplegate
03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
hey Rick hows the sap doing?? Do ya think it wll last til 4/7 week? I am comming back for about 10days to be gramma for the week , babysitting. But plan on coming out to the farm, problably just durring the day, and back to Adams at night. Sure hope I can get out the the sap house and do my job. How is it flowing this year, I talked to carrie the other day, you and Roy were out boiling, hope ya got lots. See ya all soon.