PDA

View Full Version : 400 zero

jwalters
12-09-2015, 08:05 AM
I'm looking a a zero bulk tank and don't know if it's a vacuum tank can't find a tag it's been painted over can some one post a pic of the I'm going to say port holes? The one I'm looking at seems like it's not strong enough to take vacuum.

BreezyHill
12-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Mine is one of the original series tanks and the inlets holes are on the two lids.

The company had gone thru bankruptcy and the tanks produced prior to this were great tanks; but afterwards they were not so good. Some even failed even at 15". The company was soon bought up and a stronger tank was fashioned but it was still made of lighter material and fewer structural supports. If you have a stainless and white tank you have the earlier generation and as long as it did not get water contamination behind the panels you should be fine. If you have an all stainless unit then you are in the later generation. If it is still in good shape you should be able to run 20". Ours is only used for insulated storage for the RO. For many years she ran 24-28" of vac and is as straight as day one; but she is of the vintage of thicker sheeting was easier to work with and she was very much desired since farmers did not need to have a releaser and all the head aches that entailed.

Ben

jwalters
12-09-2015, 03:47 PM
This is the tank12165

BreezyHill
12-09-2015, 08:20 PM
That's a T-20 Zero Tank. Just like mine. There should have been a sticker tag on the end with the outlet at the top of the curve. About a 6" oval sticker. I can get you a pic of mine if you would like.

The inlet on the top of the lids is for a 1.5" stainless dairy pipe to slide down into the opening with an oring that pressed to the ferrll collar for the seal. Under the stainless handle like things is where the agitator entered the tank with a rubber seal.

Great tank you got there.

jwalters
12-10-2015, 05:25 AM
That's great!, thank you for the help. There is no tag on that end of the tank, if you could show me how you hooked your tubing and vacuum to the tank that'd be awesome.

jetdoc
01-08-2016, 06:43 PM
When I get down to my woods next week I will send some pics how I have my tank hooked up for vac.

BreezyHill
01-08-2016, 09:30 PM
That's great!, thank you for the help. There is no tag on that end of the tank, if you could show me how you hooked your tubing and vacuum to the tank that'd be awesome.

Sorry did not get an email notice for this post. I only use the tank for storage and RO batching but I will get you a pic in the am.

Ben