PDA

View Full Version : This weather

tonka
12-05-2015, 09:48 AM
So what do you all think about this weather? Weather.com has the weather prediction through February above and much above average temps, will this coming season be an early one?!?!?! Just hope we get a bit more snow fall.

psparr
12-05-2015, 09:58 AM
I like that forecast. The weatherman is usually wrong!

BreezyHill
12-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Tonka,
This is shaping up like the last El Nino season and for us it was a good one. We are dry here but the last rain helped get some water in the ground. Early season startup is likely but be ready for a longer than average season. Snow pack is nice but I don't think that will be likely as was the case last time. One or two good snow falls that don't stick around long is likely the case again. Be ready to tap early and have a long drawn out season is my plan of attack.

maplemas
12-05-2015, 03:11 PM
The trouble I'm having with this weather is is allowing me to put up more tubing then I am setup to handle ...I am already at twice the taps I feel I will be able to boil ... and the ro is not in the budget for this year ... I have definitely caught the bug !!

tonka
12-05-2015, 05:55 PM
With the warm weather what snow we had is almost gone, yes it is great not having the snow or cold to deal with in getting out in the woods but it seems when we get a mild open winter, the season is good but short and quick, in a few days all the snow will be gone.

SeanD
12-06-2015, 06:51 PM
It was 60 degrees last Christmas and by MLK 2015 we hadn't seen any significant snowfall. Then look what happened.

There is still plenty of time for the pattern to change. I just hope that polar vortex stays up north and keeps us out of that deep, deep freeze that has pushed our seasons out a month+ for the last couple of years.

Sean