PDA

View Full Version : Gas pump

Chicopee Sap Shack
11-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Who has a gas 1 inch pump that they would recommend? I need one that will pump up approx 30 feet to my truck may be 40 feet of pipe total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WESTMAPLES
11-16-2015, 08:12 AM
ive used a dayton 1 in 2hp two stroke pump for 3 seasons and it would pump up that 30 ft like nothing ive used it rinsing my ML`s pumped up 60ft rise in a 1in ML and was pouring out the top steadily, the pump is for sale now as i upgraded to a honda wx15 1 1/2 in 4 stroke pump with 6 sets of camlocks, 2 gate valves, and a bulk tank valve bought it from a fellow tapper for $100 ( i told him i was planning to buy a 2in pump head for a gx160 engine i had and thats when he said ill take $100 for mine) that he used 3 season and has upgraded to a larger pump also i like honda GX series engines they are reliable in any conditions

jcb
11-16-2015, 10:02 AM
we use a Honda as well it works great

mudr
11-16-2015, 10:26 AM
I will jump in here too: JCB- what size do you have, is it the 1 inch or 1.5? It seems the WX15, the 1.5 inch, is not much more than the 1.0. I would like to pick up a pump in the near future. It seems the jump in price is well worth the added performance. Also, anyone know if you can neck down a 1.5 pump to 1 inch line? Would that be too much back pressure?

nymapleguy607
11-16-2015, 11:54 AM
I use a honda WX-10 pump for the past 8 years, a little more expensive than other brands but very reliable.

WESTMAPLES
11-16-2015, 01:50 PM
reducing is easy ive done it with 1 to 3/4 in but watch your throttle, to fast and you`ll have a blowout for sure . the honda i have now has a adjustable throttle which is nice, but the dayton 2 stroke pump i used before has a fixed throttle and when the RPM`s would spike sometimes a fitting would blowoff and i would take a sap bath !!! and loose sap . go easy, double clamp every connection and it should work fine

jcb
11-17-2015, 04:51 AM
I think its the 1" but I would have to look to make sure. The only problem we have had is it vapor locks sometimes so you have to loosen the gas cap. I should get a new cap but has not been a big deal. works great other than that. you can reduce 1.5 down to 1'' but you also reduce the amount of flow. The pressure will not be a problem

MISugarDaddy
11-17-2015, 05:42 AM
We have used the Honda WX-10 for the last 4 seasons and are very happy with it. Probably one of the lightest weight pumps you will find. Harbor Freight sells a similar sized pump (1 inch), but it is no Honda and weighs over double, but is considerably less money to purchase.
Gary