PDA

View Full Version : Product Placement in a Credit Card Commercial?

3GoatHill
11-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Did I just see a cameo appearance of a jug of maple syrup in a credit card commercial?

3GoatHill
11-10-2015, 08:31 PM
I sure did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZlIVE5lKU

Bucket Head
11-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Interesting, but we need a close-up of that bottle! That way we can see who produced it and if it's just corn syrup cleverly disguised, lol.

Steve

maple flats
11-11-2015, 04:58 AM
If you stop the video on the first time they show the jug, while not very clear, it plainly says "maple syrup". It looks like a pretty generic label, likely one packed by a re-seller to distribute everywhere.
It may even be a prop jug with fake stuff in it for the video, even though it says "maple syrup".

DaveB
11-13-2015, 10:21 AM
If you stop the video on the first time they show the jug, while not very clear, it plainly says "maple syrup". It looks like a pretty generic label, likely one packed by a re-seller to distribute everywhere.
It may even be a prop jug with fake stuff in it for the video, even though it says "maple syrup".

That's probably the case but at least they used the real stuff and not the fake stuff.

Jmsmithy
11-14-2015, 02:35 PM
My wife and I noticed it the other night on BOA commercial. It's real, and it's a terrific use that should be lauded. My wife is advertising manager and social media marketing mgr for a Fortune 100 company. The use of real maple syrup, as connoted by the jug, is because BOA is marketing to segment of society who appreciates & can afford the "finer" things. They'll pay more for "real" or "artisanal" quality and that follows through in the foods they eat, cars they drive &, presumably (at least BOA "banking" on it :) ), where they bank. By and large we think it's great use of the "maple brand".

Jebediah
11-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Just saw this on Sunday night football. That bottle is shown three times. Pretty interesting.

Urban Sugarmaker
11-16-2015, 07:12 AM
I saw this and noticed it right away as well. But, I wonder what percentage of people are completely oblivious and wouldn't recall seeing the maple jug. I know we all notice it instantly because we are so tuned into maple.

MapleMark753
12-17-2015, 09:54 AM
And this today on one websites "front" page...:)

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/12/17/sweetener-that-may-boost-your-athletic-performance.html?intcmp=hpff

take care, Mark

psparr
10-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Old thread, but I was watching the reruns of the walking dead. There's a 12oz. bottle of syrup on a shelf in the prison scene.