PDA

View Full Version : Trans Pacific Partnership trade agreement and maple syrup

DoubleBrookMaple
11-06-2015, 04:39 AM
Financial Post article....

http://business.financialpost.com/news/agriculture/how-tpp-could-make-things-sticky-for-quebecs-maple-syrup-producers

madmapler
11-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Everywhere you look seems to indicate continued growth for the maple market. My bulk purchaser sells exclusively in the US. and tells me sales are steadily increasing. I worry about some of the "Mega tap" producers that are starting to appear but even that indicates growth. Being in the Health industry, I get a sort of unique perspective on one major reason why this is probably occurring and that article highlights it. There is a growing awareness that processed foods are not necessarily healthy but what I see first hand is that those who are aware don't mind spending the extra money (even those who don't necessarily have "extra") for the sake of their health. We have been selling health supplements for years and the cost of them is ridiculous to the point that I can't justify selling them for what I should. One of our best selling supplements has become Maple syrup. I have one guy who uses syrup as a sweetener exclusively for his family. He buys it 5 gallons at a time. Who would have thought Maple syrup would sell so well at a Gym.

sugarmangraham
11-06-2015, 07:46 AM
MadMapler I here you on the gym thing. My wife works at a health and fitness facility and I have a faithful customer base there and its growing.

unc23win
11-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Pretty cool aye Sean. Just think about this they say the average american consumes 2 ounces of syrup think about how much Japan, China, Vietnam and the rest in that part of the world would consume. There are what 5 billion Chinese if each one had 2 ounces that's 10 Billion ounces which is what over 70 million gallons.

madmapler
11-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Maple syrup!..... It's not just for breakfast anymore! Thanks for the article Double brook.