PDA

View Full Version : More misleading packaging

DaveB
10-27-2015, 11:54 AM
As if Log Cabin's "all natural syrup" was enough, now Kellogg's is getting in on the action with "maple bacon" Pop Tarts featuring a container that looks suspiciously like one you would get at a restaurant with real maple syrup:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/10/26/maple-bacon-pop-tarts-coming-this-december/?intcmp=hphz12

Did anything every happen with Log Cabin's misleading packaging? I thought they were being taken to court or something for misleading packaging? If not, I guess nothing will happen with this misleading packaging.

GeneralStark
10-27-2015, 05:14 PM
At least is says "artificially flavored" right on the front of the box. To me the container looks more like a beaker from a lab, which is actually probably where the product is made...

DaveB
10-28-2015, 08:29 AM
At least is says "artificially flavored" right on the front of the box. To me the container looks more like a beaker from a lab, which is actually probably where the product is made...

I'm glad that they clearly label it as artificially flavored but my concern is the folks who don't read the packaging and just look it. A lot of restaurants use those decanters (I know you said it looks like a beaker from a lab) and particularly outside of "maple country" that may be some peoples exposure to the real stuff.

I did write to them so we'll see what happens.

3GoatHill
10-28-2015, 08:33 PM
I don't know man, even if it didn't say artificially flavored, it just sounds nasty.