PDA

View Full Version : Building a sap ladder

Maple Hill
10-23-2015, 06:16 AM
I need to put in a ladder,I have 2-5/16 lines with 8 taps each so what do I use for a riser?

BreezyHill
10-23-2015, 09:20 AM
MH, are you using vacuum on this tubing system?

for 16 taps I would use a three way star and only use 2 of the 3 for risers. One will possible do the job but the second may be needed but can be capped and plugged if not needed. Small tap counts can be trickier than large to get the system flowing well.

Ask anything you want...been there done that. :)

Ben

RIVERWINDS
10-23-2015, 11:20 AM
MH, are you using vacuum on this tubing system?

for 16 taps I would use a three way star and only use 2 of the 3 for risers. One will possible do the job but the second may be needed but can be capped and plugged if not needed. Small tap counts can be trickier than large to get the system flowing well.

Ask anything you want...been there done that. :)

Ben

Breezy,

What's an indicator(s) you use to determine the ladder is working efficiently? I'm in about the same boat, have about 25-40 taps I'll be adding to a ladder this season. Just looking for some pointers on how to determine I'm getting the most out of my ladder assembly.

Thanks!

Maple Hill
10-23-2015, 05:11 PM
Breezey,Yes I am using vacuum,will have to lift 15ft. Thanks thats what I was thinking,I will give it a shot.

maple flats
10-23-2015, 06:14 PM
For the spider type ladder I use 1 leg/10-15 taps. 15' is no problem as long as your vacuum pump is big enough. Sap ladders require more CFM to run.

Maple Hill
10-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Thanks Dave,the pump should be big enough as I only have half the taps on it as it is rated for.

BreezyHill
10-23-2015, 09:45 PM
I have 9 ladders and my total increase in CFMs totals just under 1/4 of a CFM from all the injectors total for around 350 taps. Tallest ladder is 18' shortest is 6' with most at 16'.

I like to have an extra riser after I got a wood chip stuck in a spider orifice. Saved a bit of time during a run to just cap of the bad barb and plug that riser.