PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a Inline Fan in A steam stack?

n8hutch
09-28-2015, 02:35 PM
I have A suspended Hood over the entire length of my Evaporator . it has a centrally mounted steam stack 18", with 12' of steam pipe.

It doesn't pull draft as hard as I had hoped so some steam is escaping & building up on my ceiling, on real humid days its pretty bad. This year I have been thinking about putting a Fan in the steam stack. I have been looking at the Fantec Inline centrifical Fans . just wondering if anyone has experience with these. I know I could try more steam stack but it already sticks out a good 8' above my roof line & I don't want to deal with Guide wires and all that.

BreezyHill
09-28-2015, 03:13 PM
Ran a Chicago fan on my steam pipe to draw more as I have the same issue as you and it helped a little but the fan needed a drip tray and drain as it condensate a lot of water. Last season I did with out it with similar results.

I need to resize the pipe feeding the fan. For better results I think.

morningstarfarm
09-28-2015, 03:17 PM
I have used one for years..I chose the vent fans from home depot..cheap fans and if a problem I can pick up another in a few minutes...

lew
09-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Yup. Used one for 20 years. Don't know the brand, but it's a tube axle fan, with motor outside of the duct work running the fan inside with a belt. It's 15". In the past I have used it to run a 3x7 finishing rig and a5x4 front pan at the same time. Obviously with some duct work and draft controllers.

Super Sapper
09-29-2015, 05:32 AM
You may want to look at shortening your stack above the roof line. The area above the roof will condense the steam on the sides and cool it which would slow your draft. It is not the same as your smoke stack as you are only starting out just at the temp. to create steam.