PDA

View Full Version : Our new evaporator has arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

briansickler
09-27-2015, 03:59 PM
It's like early Christmas here. CDL Intensofire 2.5 x 8 with cdl auto draw off. Now I just have to find time too brick it and get all the stack up. Everything looks great! I posted the arrival on another thread where I was asking questions about these evaporators from other Intensofire owners. Just wanted to share it with everyone. Lots to do. Busy busy....... Must get tap count up too.......

Brian Sickler

n8hutch
09-27-2015, 05:13 PM
That thing is saaaaweeeet. What kind of evaporation rate are you hoping to get?

briansickler
09-27-2015, 05:22 PM
They are claiming it will do 100 gph in full forced draft mode. But I plan to run it more in the gasification mode. I'm guessing in the 80-90 gph range.

Sugarmaker
09-29-2015, 04:58 PM
That is very shiny!:) Congratulations!
Regards,
Chris

GeneralStark
09-29-2015, 05:43 PM
They are claiming it will do 100 gph in full forced draft mode. But I plan to run it more in the gasification mode. I'm guessing in the 80-90 gph range.

I have gone over 100 gph with mine with good wood in forced draft mode with a preheater when really humping on it. Now with an ro I generally run it a little easier and try to gasify more and do get in the 90-100 range typically with good wood. I plan on adding a temp. probe in the stack this season.

briansickler
09-29-2015, 06:57 PM
I have gone over 100 gph with mine with good wood in forced draft mode with a preheater when really humping on it. Now with an ro I generally run it a little easier and try to gasify more and do get in the 90-100 range typically with good wood. I plan on adding a temp. probe in the stack this season.

I don't have the preheater. This one came with the probe and threaded port for it in the stack. I didn't order it so must be standard equipment now. I did opt for the stainless fire door.