PDA

View Full Version : A&a evaporator

jwalters
09-15-2015, 07:35 PM
I ordered a new 2.5x8 drop flue set up and was wondering what the size of fire box is I forgot to ask Andy and just want to make sure firewood isn't going to be to long. Thanks

Flat Lander Sugaring
09-16-2015, 06:51 PM
I ordered a new 2.5x8 drop flue set up and was wondering what the size of fire box is I forgot to ask Andy and just want to make sure firewood isn't going to be to long. Thanks
to build a gasification rig if I remember fire box is 2/3 length of arch and wood would be 18' maybe 20"

Paddymountain
09-24-2015, 07:03 PM
I have A&A 2.5x8 drop flue pans , and wood about 22-24" seems to work the best. I can run down tomorrow and measure my arch if you want.

jwalters
09-24-2015, 07:49 PM
I've been cutting wood about 18 inches so we should be close but thanks! How do you like the 2.5x8 drop? Do you the gph? I'm really looking forward to this rig as it's my first and we're planning on using the he!! Out of it any advice? Thanks agine

heus
09-25-2015, 06:26 AM
I've made almost 900 gallons on my 2.5x10 in the past three seasons. It works well. As far as wood, I learned something from another syrup maker on the other maple site. Every other firing I push the previous piece that I loaded up onto the ramp. My stack temps went up 200+ degrees with this method and the boiling rate improved quite a bit as well. Have not had good luck with two of their preheaters, though. Both broke at the soldered joint on the outlet. They also repaired a leak that showed up in the flue pan during the first season. Other than that the rig has been very good to me.