PDA

View Full Version : Got the call............

Rock Bottom Maple
09-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Got the call yesterday from Mr. Mason. My evap is ready. Took advantage of the sale he was having in the spring.
2x4 hobby xl. Picking it up next week. Cannot wait. OH BOY! I have been batch boiling up till now.

mmmm, bigger evap, gonna have to put in more taps. Get an atv to haul sap. Ya, that sounds good. Can I use that as an excuse for the mrs. ??

maple flats
09-05-2015, 05:44 PM
You made a great choice. Congratulations.

Urban Sugarmaker
09-05-2015, 07:14 PM
I second that. The XL is a great evaporator and the reverse flow is a very a good choice. You'll notice right away how well the whole thing is made when you pick it up. Boiling on it is a pleasure too. You'll have no trouble with gradient and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the syrup too. If you got the blower your stack will run hot. Congratulations.

Rock Bottom Maple
09-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Went over to pickup evaporator today. It is a beauty. Better than the pictures. On the web site.
Mr Mason was very nice. Showed me evrything there was. To run it properly. very well packaged
for the ride home. And off I went. only used a 1/4 tank of gas round trip. All the comments on
Mr. Mason are true. Very well built products. With good customer service. Thanks! Mr. Bill