PDA

View Full Version : Bottling Room Size

Super Sapper
08-24-2015, 12:34 PM
I am putting an 18 by 18 addition onto my garage to house the evaporator and a bottling room. I was thinking of maybe 6 by 12 or 8 by 8. The triple sink will take up a lot of wall and counter space. How much room do the rest of you fee would be comfortable to do the bottling in?

unc23win
08-24-2015, 12:45 PM
If you are talking about open bulk containers such as drums then you need room to maneuver them around. Myself I have an RO room which is heated and I do everything else in the same room as the evaporator I think lees rooms is better, but I also do 95% of everything on my own. I filter and bottle right off the evaporator throughout the season and I do not open any bulk containers and I do not bottle in glass.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
08-24-2015, 08:02 PM
I have a 11x12 kitchen and it is none too big. I have 11' stainless 3 bowl sink on one wall. It is plenty of room but wouldn't want it any smaller.

mapleack
08-24-2015, 08:32 PM
If you can afford to go big you will never regret it! Ours is about 16 by 30 and I wouldn't mind more space. I was going to make it 16 by 10 and every day I'm in it I think wow I dodged that one! That said, I've got a 16 x 32 finisher, bottling stand, 3 bowl sink, 8 foot stainless table, two 3 foot stainless tables, commercial oven, hot water tank, RO, refridgerator, vac pump (getting moved soon) and misc shelving in it.

Super Sapper
09-29-2015, 05:48 AM
1196511966We got the addition up and after I pour the floor I will put in an 8 x 10 bottling room. When I asked the state if I needed a separate room they said maybe, you could separate by distance. When asked how much distance they said it depends so I figured a separate room would be better. I can use one 3 bay sink for both areas as long as it is convenient to both areas but will need a hand washing sink also.

MISugarDaddy
09-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Don't forget that handwashing sink!!! That was the only issue we had when we got licensed last year for the first time. I was given one season to have the sink in place since it was already the first part of February when the inspector stopped by for the inspection.
Gary

maple maniac65
10-01-2015, 06:09 AM
Bottling rooms are the new must haves for sugaring. I am steering towards a 8x8x30 foot trailer with a certified kitchen/canning area and refrigerated storage in the front for bulk syrup. I am hoping to also be able to use this for sales at markets around town. It looks feasible on paper for room but in reality I am wondering.