PDA

View Full Version : Faster bottling suggestions

ericjeeper
08-23-2015, 04:01 PM
I am in dire need of a faster way to fill 12 ounce glass bottles. Please suggest any ideas you have..

jmayerl
08-23-2015, 05:51 PM
So how do you currently fill them? I can fill a 12 oz in less than 10 secs

ericjeeper
08-23-2015, 06:23 PM
I currently fill them gravity from a coffee percolator.. In under 10 seconds. I can fill and cap a case in 3 minutes. But I need to cut down that time.

jmayerl
08-23-2015, 11:40 PM
Hmmm, so you can currently fill 240 bottles per hour. That would be going through a drum about every 2.5 hours. If your needs are bigger than that I suggest a vacuum bottling line set up. That would about double your production. I think with the whole system they run under a few hundred thousand

Moser's Maple
08-24-2015, 05:14 AM
so fast would be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L33_1ADAMg

faster would be this

http://www.fillers.com/filling-machine/

I guess without more of a idea of what your need is, it's hard to give a an exact idea of what will work.

unc23win
08-24-2015, 12:41 PM
I would have to be doing some serious bottling to buy even the Lapierre one. I actually know someone who had one they quit using it just because of the set up and cleaning time. I guess if you were doing lots of bottling after the initial season maybe, but it would still be hard to justify the money. If you can fill a 12oz bottle in 10 seconds I would guess you would need to get one that does 4 or more to even begin to justify the $.

ericjeeper
08-25-2015, 04:45 PM
10 seconds is without any foam. Once you get a bottle that gets a bit of foam, your time goes to heck. I try to always tilt the bottle but sometimes you still get foam.
I am looking into building one that is similar to the one leader sells. Pretty much a vacuum pump sucking from the tank through the bottle into a catch container to suck off the foam. Once the bottle is filled, lift the top and vacuum is lost until you press down on the next bottle. All bottles will be filled to the proper fill and foam suck off the top.

ericjeeper
08-25-2015, 04:46 PM
I would have to be doing some serious bottling to buy even the Lapierre one. I actually know someone who had one they quit using it just because of the set up and cleaning time. I guess if you were doing lots of bottling after the initial season maybe, but it would still be hard to justify the money. If you can fill a 12oz bottle in 10 seconds I would guess you would need to get one that does 4 or more to even begin to justify the $.
Do you know if they would wish to sell it?

unc23win
08-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Sorry they already did.

Tmeeeh
08-26-2015, 09:43 AM
We built this system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfOROngOfQ0 It works great for us. We used to fell by holding the LaPierre bottling nozzle by hand drawing syrup from a tank with a propane burner under it. We would sometimes get niter forming on the bottom of the tank because of the direct flame under the syrup. Not we filter carefully when we put the syrup in the barrels and don't have to filter again. Heating syrup with hot water doesn't cause niter to form.

ericjeeper
09-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Tim, where did you get the valve that opens upon compression? Great setup by the way.