PDA

View Full Version : Lost my dad

sapman
07-24-2015, 11:25 AM
We lost my dad last Tuesday. Massive stroke Monday morning, then held on til about 4 the next morning. We are all grateful that he didn't suffer much, if at all. But he is greatly missed. He was really a huge part of my life. I don't think I had any projects that he wasn't a part of, usually in a big way.

He was 87. Grandma lived to 98, so he/we thought he had many years left. Just the evening before I was helping him finish up an addition to his woodshed. He hauled a lot of sap and emptied thousands of buckets over the years.

He always enjoyed visiting other sugarmakers with me. One of my friends called him pops and said he was dad's 2nd maple son! He really loved the visit from Dave Yeany several years ago. He loved talking about trapping, and how it was in the good old days.

Praying we will be reunited again someday at the end of time .

Tim

maple flats
07-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Sorry for your loss, Tim. He is in a better place now. My prayers go out to all who were close to him.

Bucket Head
07-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Tim,

I'm very sorry to hear of your father's passing.

And as for projects, he'll just be looking over you instead of being aside of you.

Steve

Walling's Maple Syrup
07-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Sorry for your loss, Tim.
Neil

spud
07-24-2015, 08:36 PM
So sorry to hear you lost your dad.

Spud

buck3m
07-24-2015, 10:11 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad.

Sounds like he had a long, good life. No one can take away those good memories.

buckeye gold
07-25-2015, 06:15 AM
Old trappers hold a place in my memories and soul, they are an endangered species. This world has surely lost a jewel and heaven has gained a saint. You will never stop missing him and the best medicine for heartache is good memories and lots of love. God be with you and give you peace.

Sunday Rock Maple
07-25-2015, 08:08 PM
I am sorry for your your loss, and the suddeness makes it even harder. Four score and seven years........

Ausable
07-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Tim --- Sorry about the loss of Your Dad. Yep! You will meet again.

MISugarDaddy
07-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I know from experience that it isn't easy to lose a parent that you were close to throughout your life. Cherish those memories.
Gary

68bird
07-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Very sorry yor your loss Tim!

Maplewalnut
07-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear Tim. Prayers for you and family

Mike

sapman
07-27-2015, 09:20 PM
I appreciate the kind words and prayers.

Just over the last year I'd gotten a much needed tractor, and a splitter last month, making our lives much easier. Unfortunately, he only got to enjoy their use for a very short time. Making wood, which was his favorite pastime, will never be the same.

But yes, he certainly had a good, full life!

Thanks everyone,
Tim

Super Sapper
07-28-2015, 05:11 AM
Sorry for your loss, your dad seems have made quite an impact on your life and many others as well I'm sure. The world could use more people like him.

Angela Schumacher
09-23-2015, 09:55 PM
So sorry for your loss but happy to hear you have so many great memories together which I'm sure you will cherish forever. In that way he is always with you.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

danno
12-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Sorry for your loss, Tim.

sapman
12-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Thank you, everybody. First Christmas without him, and I know he would have liked the weather this year! Mom has received many blessings since losing him, which has helped tons with coping.

WestfordSugarworks
12-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear this news. I know that I would have a real hard time without my dad. We have done many projects together and I can't imagine life without him.

Will

Bruce L
12-26-2015, 10:30 AM
So sorry for your loss Tim,especially this time of year.

Polish Wizard
12-26-2015, 11:29 AM
You were lucky to have dad with sound mind and physical abilities until the end.

I retired from my job with our fire department in October 2012 and mom passed on December 21, 2012 after a rough year with dementia --- age 92-1/2 --- not too shabby.
She was always supportive during my time as a volunteer, and then as a career member, but I didn't have the opportunity for her to enjoy the results (my retirement) of her many years of stewarding me through life.
Needless to say, each year as the holidays approach I have a tough time getting into a celebrating mood. She was always a big part of my life, even during the last year.

I say all this because I can guess where your head will be at holiday time in future years, and as you prepare for your sugar harvest that I assume usually brings you much pleasure.

If you ever watched the TV show NCIS you may remember an episode when Ziva had lost her father and had a discussion about getting over his loss.
To paraphrase, she says "....you get "over" the loss of a watch, but you can only get "through" the loss of a loved one".
Good luck with finding ways to get "through" your loss, and always strive to be the person your father wanted you to be.
Make him proud.

jimmygarison
08-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Hi i am jimmy, very bad news about your Dad . I am sorry for your your loss, and the suddeness makes it even harder. I hope you will meet again. This is big loss .Pray for god .

danno
09-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Hi Tim -

I'm just now seeing this. I'm so very sorry my friend.