PDA

View Full Version : Natural gas Burners

Rossell's Sugar Camp
07-11-2015, 09:27 AM
I have a 3 X 10 evaporator. I would like to switch to natural gas. Does anybody have any suggestions on natural gas burners?

brookfieldmaple
07-11-2015, 09:46 AM
I converted to Natural Gas 2 season ago and love my burners. You can see some pictures on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BrookfieldMapleProducts

DASH
07-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Natural gas is a good way to go, I have used it now for 3 years. There are a couple of things to consider, 1 what are your BTU needs? And 2 how deep are your pockets? I'm guessing you'll need somewhere around 750,000 BTU's or more and that size natural gas burner can be expensive.

With that said, Carlin makes an excellent burner and big enough for what you need, these will run in the neighborhood of $2,000. Another one is Ward Burners they are cheaper with less bells and whistles. I have found boiler type burners are much more efficient than say a turkey fryer type. Also it is easy to pick a used one up from your local furans guy but generally a boiler system in a house just isn't big enough, check the rated BTU's! (been there, done that)

Good luck!
DASH

maple flats
07-13-2015, 06:03 AM
Do you possibly have a gas well on your property? Then the benefits out weigh the burner cost. Even to buy the gas, it would still be good. You'd certainly need a bigger line and regulator from the gas co. Another question if on utility gas, is their main sized big enough? It likely is, but some areas are a little undersized already and they may stall you getting a large burner until the main is updated.

mellondome
07-15-2015, 12:51 AM
If you want gas for this upcomming season, get the gas company going now. I put gas in this past year. My building is about 18 in from the main. I first contacted them in early september... gas was finally installed and turned on end of feb. Had about 3 days to test burn the guns I bought.

But, will not go back to wood.

For burners, mine are a torch style. Bought 3 for use in a 30"x 10, but only put 2 in the 2x6 I currently have.