PDA

View Full Version : slip joint fittings for 5/16th

Ryan Mahar
07-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Any experience using the slip connector fittings by CDL or leader for attaching 5/16th lateral to mainline wire? Never used, they look convenient.....concern is if they slip or not with use, wind/ tree limbs hitting etc??? thanks for any comments.

Ryan Mahar
07-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Also called slide connectors....

RIVERWINDS
08-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Also called slide connectors....

That's all I use, both on attaching to the mainline and at the end tree. They have little grippers that actually sort of "dig" in to the tubing. Have yet to have any slip on me. My mainline drill tool (remove the drill bit) works good for separating them once they have been on the tubing for a while as they are a bugger to get apart once you pull them really tight. A small hammer will suffice also for separating.

I also go around the end tree with a wire loop inside of an old drop and then hook the slide fitting to the wire instead of using the tubing to go around the tree. This has worked good for me as I don't have to worry about the tubing having a weird angle as it goes around the tree and holding sap.

Ryan Mahar
08-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Great! Thanks! I have now installed over 300 of them and I think they are awesome!!! Glad to know you have had no slipping!! While I have you, you don't know of anyone interested in upgrading to a high tech 2x6 evaporator?? Just so happen to be selling mine..... Thanks for your reply!

Moser's Maple
08-05-2015, 05:30 AM
While I have you, you don't know of anyone interested in upgrading to a high tech 2x6 evaporator?? Just so happen to be selling mine..... Thanks for your reply!

list her up on the classifieds!