PDA

View Full Version : New flue evaporator on the market

mudr
06-07-2015, 10:48 AM
I'm one year in to the hobby and am looking to upgrade from my home made setup in a year or so. Given that I live in western ny, the new company Next Generation caught my eye. Till now he had 2x3 and 2x4 flat setups, his website now has a 2x4 and 2x6 flue setup. No prices or specs yet, but I might be very int in a year or so. Anyone run one of his current rigs? How's the build quality? Pictures look nice on the internet, but you cant really tell workmanship until you are up close and running it.

http://www.nextgenmaple.com/#!2x4-hp-evaporator/c21id

cncaboose
06-11-2015, 06:09 PM
My son, MacK Maple Supply, is a dealer for him and sold 4-5 of his rigs this winter ranging from the 2x3 flat to the 2x4 flue. Customers were very happy with them. I've seen them and the workmanship looks very good. They brick up easily without having to cut fire brick. He's in East Syracuse if you want to stop in and see his shop. Call ahead as I think he is a one man operation. He also makes the best bucket spout on the market, all stainless.

RC Maple
06-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Like mudr said, there are no prices or specs yet. Are those 2x4's dropped or raised flues? I liked the looks of the ones that Mason had but it showed those were limited to only 5 of them and I am not in the market now. His site made it sound like he wouldn't necessarily be producing any more of those. I am keeping my eye out for the next year or two.