PDA

View Full Version : Website Costs

K.I. Joe
06-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Hello
I was wondering what you guys pay per year for a website that you can sell your product on. I checked with Go Daddy and it is like 450.00 a year after the first year.

I could get just a website alot cheaper but want to be able to sell through the sight.

Urban Sugarmaker
06-06-2015, 05:49 AM
I would not buy a domain from GoDaddy. Try namecheap.com. Domains there are around $10/year. You can set up your own store on Shopify.com for $29.00/mo. and use a free theme. There's tons of YouTube videos and info on Google on basically everything you would want to do in Shopify.

maple flats
06-06-2015, 05:50 AM
I used GoDaddy, but do not use a shopping cart on the sight. I have just 5 pages on my sight and the last is a product page with a submission form at the end. My customers fill out the form and submit it. I then reply by email with the shipping options. I use USPS flat rate medium boxes for up to 3 qts or 2 half gal. I find 2 half gal in those boxes ship cheaper than I can ship a single gal. For larger orders (I have some customers who order 4 gal cases) and they ship by FedEx. I then send a PayPal invoice, they pay it then I ship.
If you go with a shopping cart you seem to need to work up shipping rates that are std. regardless of actual shipping costs, such as $X.XX for a gal, or a shipping cost based on product total of order. I choose not to go that route.
My Go Daddy price was under $100/yr adding the domain name, the sight, the sight builder and so forth when I got multiple years all at once.
That being said, if I had to do it over again, (and I will someday) it will not be thru Go Daddy. They make you use their tools and give little flexibility, they are essentially cookie cutter method.

chevypower
06-06-2015, 08:11 PM
I created ours through IPAGE. The costs are very reasonable.

K.I. Joe
06-07-2015, 07:20 AM
thanks for the replies guys

sapman
06-14-2015, 09:30 PM
On squarespace.com you can sell up to 20 items for $16/month.