PDA

View Full Version : Lost a syrup maker

Sugarbush Ridge
06-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Lost a maple syrup maker Monday June 1. Steve Hahs,, HahsMaple,,, He was a 3rd generation and had taped the same trees that his dad and grandfather had taped. Some even that his grandfather had transplanted. I believe that he had the first flue pan in this area, a Patrick Phaneuf pans and arch. I know that it was the first set of "real" maple syrup pans that I had seen and the first tubing setup.

About 4-5 years ago a very bad storm went thru and took out half his trees or damaged so bad that trees wouldn't produce much sap for years. (We don't give details on how others have died if in bad taste) . His father had died last year. He left a wife and three children.

Birddog
06-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreezyHill
06-05-2015, 09:16 AM
I always thought it was so sad to see a person decide when it was their time...but I have learned that it can be a much better way.

I knew a guy that tried to do the same but the car ran out of gas before the end had come. He took it as a sign. So he lived life after that day. He died a couple short years later, full of cancer that he knew he had and that it would kill him. Few others knew. To watch his suffering and the pain he endured was nothing short of heart wrenching. To think a couple of gallons of gas more in the tank would have saved him and the few that knew all that pain.

Having lived thru my sisters death at her own hands; there is a load of questions on the family and friends minds that will go unanswered. To that you answer: now we share his pain but I am thankful he is now pain free.

One should never judge another til they have walked a week in his/her shoes.

Never let one moment tarnish a life time of achievements.

Everything happens for a reason...it is now your task to use this lesson for the good of others in your life.

When at the bottom of life's well, there is only one way; it is up! So grab on and climb, for those that will greet you at the top, will extend a hand of friendwhip to lift you out of the darkness.

God's Speed to Steves family and friends.

Sugarbush Ridge
06-05-2015, 04:14 PM
BreezyHill; Thanks so much for the very kind words. I can never think of such kind words at the moment. I know some of the feelings,,,,,, Vietnam, the aftereffects, the feeling of going over the edge but I refused to let the 'bastard win'

BreezyHill
06-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Welcome.

Everybody needs a reason to put the feet on the floor in the morning. Kids, grandkids, spouse, an unfinished project, it don't matter; just do it.

I like yours too. The will to survive and over come is lost in the youth of today. But then listen to some of the music and you will understand why the suicide rate is high. My sons and future daughter got me to listening to pop lately. There are some really good songs out there: Shake it Off, Taylor Swift, How I got this way..Justin Moore, Maroon 5's Sugar...cant believe that song is so popular and it doesn't talk about slapping your B!tc6 around. That stuff really bothers me. Respect women until they prove they don't deserve respect.

Think about the best day off your life....I bet the day before you probably had a pretty rough day.

Who's to say that tomorrow wont be the best day of your life?

Check out How I got this way by Justin Moore...We have all been bit and burnt.

"The weeds are high...where corn don't grow" Travis Tritt

When you cant find the words, let your heart talk for you. I have made many a CD, cassette, 8 track for friends that were in a rough spot in life...laughter is great medicine!