PDA

View Full Version : Water Cooled Pumps 2

emericksmaple
02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Ok for those of you out there with water cooled pumps i need some ???? answered. When you turn your pump on it the morning does it take a little while for it to start discharging water like 20-30 secs? Does anyone out there have there's on a thromstat so it starts on it's own? how does it work for you?? Thank you.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
02-20-2007, 07:42 AM
post edited

hydrogeo
02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
I have a little experience with liquid rings through work. At one site I have a 30hp Sihi that is set up with oil as the liquid for pulling gasoline contamination out of the ground. As I understand it (experts please correct me if I'm wrong) the purpose of the liquid is not just to cool the pump but to also provide the seal. In the setup I have the oil is recirculated back to the pump via a demister and radiator and there is a throttling valve on the reclaimer line. This allows the oil flow to be restricted and thus thin out the liquid "ring" that forms inside the pump which in turn will vary the cfm and vaccum of the pump. I would not think a thermostat is necessary unless it was hooked to a bypass for a radiator. I would think that if one has access to water a total loss system would run really nice. Sihi has a good web site with lots of info and a good tutorial:http://www.sihi-pumps.com/