PDA

View Full Version : AA metal shop

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-29-2015, 05:47 AM
Has any one bought their stainless holding tanks and how do you like them. Considering picking up a couple for next season.

mellondome
05-29-2015, 09:29 AM
You will need to supply your own bracing/framing. They are flat bottom. Andy will configure them to what ever dimension you need.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-29-2015, 05:12 PM
You will need to supply your own bracing/framing. They are flat bottom. Andy will configure them to what ever dimension you need.

are they welded or soldered? all their pans are soldered so i am going to throw it out there the tanks are soldered also.

n8hutch
05-29-2015, 07:44 PM
FWIW I saw A&A price list & it did get me thinking about their Tanks., I would be tempted to buy a soldered sap tank if It had a round Bottom. But With a flat bottom & solder that would be two draw backs & it would make me stick with A welded round bottom one from CDL.

Ekrueger
06-01-2015, 08:03 AM
I have a 580 gal tank and I like it. It is soldered, and I did make my own simple metal frame. With just a small amount of pitch,it empties out. I also made a cover and sight glass. The prices are great.

mellondome
06-01-2015, 11:14 AM
AA is amish.... no welding, all soldered with interlock machine crimping

slybird353
07-23-2015, 08:20 AM
I can not speak of AA tanks but in general, it could be that larger capacity tanks are more susceptible to problems than smaller (under three thousand gallon) tanks would be. I have a 4500 gallon tank that after one season of service looks like a wrinkled up tee shirt.

OneLegJohn
07-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Once you go with a round bottom....you never go back.

Moser's Maple
07-30-2015, 07:37 AM
We have bought 3 tanks from 3rd gen maple and are very pleased with them. Great price,totally able to customize, and prices that can't be beat. working on getting a few more to have on hand for maple producers to purchase since he's extremely busy and books up fast. if interested give me a pm and I can relay info.

tuckermtn
07-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Once you go with a round bottom....you never go back.

sounds a little like a Queen song...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4

or digging a little "deeper" - Spinal Tap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDgCmzh5ao

sorry, I digress...

FDA
07-30-2015, 08:22 PM
We have bought 3 tanks from 3rd gen maple and are very pleased with them. Great price,totally able to customize, and prices that can't be beat. working on getting a few more to have on hand for maple producers to purchase since he's extremely busy and books up fast. if interested give me a pm and I can relay info.

What's his prices? Where is he located?

maple flats
07-31-2015, 06:33 AM
I don't know his prices, but he is in Altmar, NY. A great salmon fishing destination. The Salmon River runs thru Altmar, to Pulaski then out into Lake Ontario a few miles later.