PDA

View Full Version : Sugaring Video

DrTimPerkins
05-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Not really VMSMA News, however a student from Middlebury College did a nice video this spring about sugaring.

https://vimeo.com/128529367

maple flats
05-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Very nice presentation. I don't know if it is my computer or my internet (cable) but it seemed to download much slower than usual. I had to pause or back up several times before the entire video downloaded. In the end, it was worth it.

sapmaple
05-29-2015, 06:59 AM
Not sure who it was but at 3:36ish Maybe set your Natural Ice can down or better yet stop drinking it and might not over flow your drum and spill your sample bottle
Over all though very cool video

maple flats
05-29-2015, 08:41 AM
I thought the same thing. In fact, I used to spill a little (without the beer) when a barrel got full, then I bought a Lapierre over flow kit, that has 2 tubes down thru an expandable plug, one long, one short. On the short one, is a hose and a SS 180 bend. This is the overflow. When the barrel is full, the overflow flows thru that hose, either to the next barrel, or to a pot I set on top of the barrel being filled. That has stopped the cleanup issue , wasted syrup and wasted time watching the barrel fill as the syrup nears the top. A good investment.

WESTMAPLES
05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
interesting video , its funny how many people say to me ` you must love hard labor with little repayment` and i smile and laugh while saying ` well you just bought 2 gals and a bag full of sugar candy,... so i must be doing the work right !!!

DrTimPerkins
05-29-2015, 02:10 PM
... I bought a Lapierre over flow kit, ...

We've had one for a few years.....works great.