PDA

View Full Version : Maple syrup locator

DaveB
05-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a new Website that will help users find restaurants that use real maple syrup. I've created a basic site and even started putting places on the map that I know use or serve real maple syrup but I obviously don't know every place so I'm wondering if folks could add places that they know and maybe together we fill up the map.

http://locator.realmaplesyrup.com/

You can either enter the info in the form below the map or right click on the location on the map and then put the name of place. Whatever is easiest.

I plan on turning this into an app so hopefully we can make it easier for people to find places and use more of our products!

Any suggestions are always welcome and I appreciate everyone's help.

maple flats
05-19-2015, 04:09 PM
My wife and I dined a few times at the Miss Bellow Falls Diner in Bellows Falls, Vt. They served real maple syrup each time we were there, the last being in 2010 or 11.

lpakiz
05-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Terrific idea! I don't know of any places here in our area, but if I did, I surely would enter it. Nice work, thanks!

SeanD
05-19-2015, 06:34 PM
The Golden Spoon
West Main St.
Hopkinton, MA 01748
(Currently being demolished and rebuilt in a new spot 100 yards away, but can't miss out on the nod to the local place)

Deluxe Depot Diner
415 Waverly St.
Framingham, MA 01701

Deluxe Station Diner
70 Union St.
Newton, MA 02459

Deluxe Town Diner
627 Mt. Auburn St.
Watertown, MA 02472

DaveB
05-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions....I've added those to the map.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Thompson's Tree Farm
05-20-2015, 04:40 AM
Jumbo's Diner
Corner of Main and Clinton St
Gouverneur, NY 13642

maple flats
05-20-2015, 04:56 AM
The address for the Miss Bellows Falls Diner is: 90 Rockingham Street, Bellows Falls, Vt. The diner was constructed in the 1920s by the Worcester Lunch Car Company. The diner was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It is a train car diner.

DaveB
05-20-2015, 10:58 AM
The address for the Miss Bellows Falls Diner is: 90 Rockingham Street, Bellows Falls, Vt. The diner was constructed in the 1920s by the Worcester Lunch Car Company. The diner was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It is a train car diner.

I've eaten there a few times myself, particularly if I'm going to Bascom's. I know there are other "Miss" diners like that but I don't know if that was a trend when they opened or if they were all owned by the same owner. I suspect it was a trend because there weren't many "chains" back then.

I'm up to about 50 places now across the country. I know there is more and I'll keep plugging away. Thanks again for everyone's help!

batsofbedlam
05-20-2015, 10:58 AM
-All using Bats of Bedlam Maple Farm Maple Syrup
Barn - Jamestown, RI
Bristol Oyster Bar -Bristol, RI
Castle Hill Inn & Resort- Newport, RI
Clio Restaurant- boston, MA
Eli's Kitchen -Warren, RI
Flatbread Company- Providence, RI
Garden Grille- Pawtucket, RI
Grange- Providence, RI
Milk & Honey- Tiverton, RI
O Ya Restaurant -Boston, MA
Rocket Fine Street Food -Rumford, RI
Small Axe Cafe - Charlestown, RI
Table Restaurant -Barrington, RI
Ten Tables JP -Jamaica Plain, MA
Trio - Narragansett, RI
Waterman Grille - Providence, RI
Wildflour Vegan Bakery & Juice Bar - Pawtucket, RI

sapman
05-20-2015, 01:49 PM
My syrup is in:

Muddy Waters Grill, 2 Oswego St., Baldwinsville, NY

DaveB
05-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Thanks - Bats. I've added most of those and made note that they use your syrup. There were a couple that I couldn't find like the Rocket Fine Street Food and a couple others that looked like retail outlets and I'm just focusing on restaurants right now. I may do something with places that you can buy it but it's pretty ubiquitous at grocery stores across the country that there would be so many.

Keep 'em coming! I know there are more in the midwest so any help there is appreciated.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-20-2015, 07:28 PM
TOT's Diner, Main St poultney,vt, if you ask for it

Perry's Main Street Eatery, Main St Poultney,VT

maplwrks
05-21-2015, 06:48 AM
Wheel Inn Benson Vt

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-22-2015, 03:53 AM
Wheel Inn Benson Vt
thanks mike I couldnt remember for sure, do you know if Sunrise Restaurant by castleton 4 corners has syrup?

DaveB
05-22-2015, 11:08 AM
thanks mike I couldnt remember for sure, do you know if Sunrise Restaurant by castleton 4 corners has syrup?

It looks like they do so I added them to the map. That brings us to over 150 different places! I even have two overseas and one in Hawaii. I'm adding them as I find them but it takes time to 'fact check' some places so I appreciate leads when I get them.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-22-2015, 04:52 PM
It looks like they do so I added them to the map. That brings us to over 150 different places! I even have two overseas and one in Hawaii. I'm adding them as I find them but it takes time to 'fact check' some places so I appreciate leads when I get them.

used to be a little hole in the wall place in or close to Naples Florida (2006)

peckfarm
05-23-2015, 06:24 AM
I am certain that the packers would give you a list of thousands: Bascoms in NH, Highland in Barre VT, Butternut in Morrisville VT, Maplegrove in St. Johnsburry VT.

Great idea, this is the type of thing the Sugar Makers associations should be doing for the industry.

DaveB
05-23-2015, 10:28 AM
I am certain that the packers would give you a list of thousands: Bascoms in NH, Highland in Barre VT, Butternut in Morrisville VT, Maplegrove in St. Johnsburry VT.

Great idea, this is the type of thing the Sugar Makers associations should be doing for the industry.

It would be nice if the different associations could work together on marketing towards food distributors and give an easy way for producers to supply farm to table products directly to restaurants. As it is, I think it's something that many of us have to do directly and a lot of times it's educating the owners as to the benefits.

Asking is free but I don't think that the packers will give me a list of their customers and I know that they ship 18 wheelers to food distributors that in turn supply many restaurants. Good idea though.

I've also sent the site to Yankee Magazine and I'm hoping that they will give a blurb about it because the more people that know about it, the more places we can have to fill up the map but more importantly, help people find and patronize restaurants that carry our products. If anyone else has contacts in the media, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.