PDA

View Full Version : alamo 60+

petit erabliere
05-13-2015, 07:12 PM
i have a Alamo 60+ she was in a barn since many years and she dont work i have try this pump at my home and there is no vacuum do you know a idea for this problem merci

BreezyHill
05-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Chances are the vanes are stuck. Pull of the face plate and you can spin the pulley and see it they are sliding out.

I am assuming that the unit is spinning in the right direction. Had a dairy customer that their Delaval tech wired the milk pump backwards and they flooded the pump twice. Just check to be sure that the leads didn't get crossed.

post a pic if you can or need more info.

Ben

petit erabliere
05-13-2015, 09:45 PM
yes the spinning is ok - whats happen if the rotation is not ok ---now for remove the end plate first you remove the end plate and the rotor stay in the body and just clean the vanes ??? its eassy to do ???

BreezyHill
05-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Yes easy to do provided they are not severally stuck in the rotor. Often if they are stuck then they will need to be soaked in diesel fuel. You can fill the housing with diesel to free them. Let it sit for a day or more and it will usually free them up enough to pull them out and then clean them and the rotor and all will be good.

This can often be done with the rotor in the housing, if not, then do not move the spacers on the shaft when removing them. These are set at a special clearance so that the rotor does not score the face plates.

If the direction is wrong the pump will not be pulling thru the inlet. In the correct rotation the air is pulled in thru the inlet and compressed and forced out the exhaust port. Then the vain immediately takes another large breath from the inlet and does it all over again. There are for vanes that do this sequence with ever revelation of the rotor/pulley. On a 60+ unit the pump is making about 750 RPM or about 3000 vane dumps per minute. If you want more CFMs from the pump then you simply reduce the size of the drive pulley to increase the pump speed. This may require a larger motor due to the added force.

Does this unit have a built in oil reclaimer?

If there is moisture in the reclaimer this can result in stuck vanes. You will also want to inspect the bearing in the face cover for black dots on the balls or race. If there are any do not try and run this pump as these will result in bearing failure and destroy a perfectly good pump housing and rotor.

petit erabliere
05-14-2015, 03:43 PM
merci yes this unit have a built in oil reclaimer i try first with diesel