PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Leader King 3x10

YoungFamilyFarm
05-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Problem Solved!

tuckermtn
05-04-2015, 09:07 PM
you could build a decent arch, low tech, for $2k i'm guessing. before pellet arch, we built a intensofire arch copy for $4K with a high pressure blower, air under, over, etc...

gmcooper
05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
The guys at A&A Metal Shop can make you a new arch to fit your pans for way less than Leader.

Zucker Lager
05-04-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm in the process of building an arch this summer for my 2 by 3 flat pan. I ordered all the metal from a local provider Speedy Metals (yea local ha ha 300 miles south of me but that is as "local" as I can get here in northern Wisconsin) They do pre cutting for a fee and I'm doing the welding So far I'm into just the arch frame, front frame, doors, and walls for about 300 bucks and that is only the metal I figure about another 250 for odds and ends, insulation and bricks. I'll bet that you'll be tripling that amount for a 3 by 10 DIY? So if you do most of the work yourself its cheaper. But I'm making a very simple basic arch. For me its fun work and I"m retired............but working harder than when I was working. Jay

n8hutch
05-05-2015, 08:58 AM
You have some time to watch for a used one, if you decide to build your own you might consider buying a 3' wide insulated air tight front from someone who makes maple equipment and build off from that. In my opinion the front is the most important part.