PDA

View Full Version : Cream machine

Parkerssugarhouse
04-29-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm sure somebody on here has tried to build a paddle type cream machine. It doesn't seem like it would be very hard. I was thinking about trying to find a bulk tank agitator motor to spin it and then bolting a stainless pot to the motor. Then somehow try to get stainless paddles in there. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

backyard sugaring
05-02-2015, 09:52 PM
I built a paddle cream machine using low rpm motor spinning a turn table. I mounted an adjustable frame over the bowl with paddles I built. The hardest part of the build for me was finding a low rpm motor that was 110. Several people have built them with washing machine motor, pulleys, and belts. Tom from the Mass. maple producers sent me an e mail of a plan he used several years ago. I used several of his ideas on my machine. good luck Lee

Joust7.1
01-21-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm considering a similar project. I have a bulk tank agitator motor for the heart of the machine. It sounds like some have used that to power theirs. Can anyone say whether this is geared to an appropriate rpm for this application or did you find it was too fast or too slow. I don't want to get too involved to discover once its built that the rpm's are not within range. Also, if anyone has plans that they would be willing to share, it would be much appreciated. I am skilled with wood working, can machine some aluminum but I don't have equipment or skill in welding so I will be looking to use mechanical fasteners to build the frame probably with aluminum.

tstew
01-22-2016, 07:58 AM
I've built one with an agitator. I believe the leader version is a gear reduction motor turning at about 35 rpm. The agitator motor I had was pretty much the same thing it was a gear reduction turning at 35 rpm. If you PM me I can send you some photos. It works fine I have been making maple cream on it for a few years now.

Sugarmaker
01-22-2016, 09:59 AM
Some bulk tank motors had two speeds?
I would think the slow one would be about right? 30 to 60 rpm should work. It doesn't have to stir very fast. Just consistent.
Regards,
Chris