PDA

View Full Version : User beware of the USPS

maple flats
04-27-2015, 10:50 AM
For those of us who use the USPS for shipping by having an account and printing your label from your computer , while the USPS charges your account be sure to check your statements. I was just checking my bank statement and found that the USPS had charged my account twice for the same transaction. I called my bank to determine if it was a bank error or the USPS. While I waited as the bank checked, I found a second time they also charged me twice. The latest 2 were $11.30 twice, and $5.05 twice, each under the exact same transaction number. Now I need to check back over 4 yrs, when I started using them. The bank determined that the USPS had sent the charge 2x in both cases.
It's no wonder they offer a little better price, they make it up by charging 2 times for the same transaction.

maple flats
04-27-2015, 11:14 AM
I just went back thru 4 yrs. of records. I found no other times when they double charged me. Must be just this year, when they must have a harder time getting enough postage to cover their astronomical expenses. I wonder if they have a secret directive to double charge every 2-3 months, thinking I'd never catch it.

stoweski
04-27-2015, 06:10 PM
I was just at the local post office today dropping off packages and overheard the clerk talking about their new system and how confusing it is... Especially after getting used to the one they had last year. Wonder how new it is and if that may be the reason for the errors. Not a good way to do business... But then again, it's government work!

nace
07-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Postal management, couldn't manage an ant farm! You don't have 1 manager for 20 employees unless you only have 20 employees. The board of directors are large mailers who are destroying the service so they can have cheaper rates for themselves.

MISugarDaddy
07-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Dave,

USPS must have figured you were making too much money selling syrup so they were trying to help up your expenses.

Gary