PDA

View Full Version : 3/16 tubing still running in Ma.

log cabin luke
04-26-2015, 07:35 PM
I drove out to my sugar bush in Colrain Ma. today to pull taps. I have not been out there since 4/12 when I ran out of wood. Much to my astonishment my over 600 taps on my new 3/16 bush was running hard. I bet it would have run over 500 gallons today. When I left on 4/12 the sugar was down to 1% so I don't think it would have been worth boiling but amazing none the less.

Loch Muller
04-27-2015, 05:18 AM
I pulled mine on the 16th because the sugar content was dropping and it was too warm to keep the sap from spoiling before I got home from work, but they were still running good when i pulled them. With the colder weather last week they would probably still be running even if the sap was buddy and rotten. I' impressed, looking to add another 50-80 3/16 th for next season. Also planning for a stainless tank I the sugarbush to help keep sap from spoiling.

davrhods
04-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Same here , will add and change over a lot of mountain side trees to 3/16 . 50 year old surge Alamo really spins that electric meter. Could not believe my eyes when I saw flow rate 2 days ago, every thing else dried up 2 weeks ago.