PDA

View Full Version : Best. Skunk Trap. Ever.

SilverLeaf
04-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Just have to post this, for the enjoyment of all my fellow 'Traders.

Yesterday morning my daughters (age 8 & 3) go out to the shed to feed the cats & come running back to the house, "Daddy, there's a skunk in the shed!" I go out there, and sure enough, there it is!

Here's the funny part: I had a 5-gallon pail with about a gallon and a half of bad syrup (the end of this season's was extra ropey) that I had set down in the shed and forgot to do anything with. That poor skunk was stuck in that pail, totally alive but unable to get out! He must have crawled in to investigate the sweet-smelling delicacy, but then once inside the sticky goo was enough to make it so he couldn't get any traction climbing out.

So, I think I need to take out a patent on that thing. (Best part: it's cat-proof. I knew one was around and had been trying to trap the thing with a cage trap but the dang cats kept getting in it instead.) And now we can all start selling our syrup as "skunk bait". :lol:

rayi
04-20-2015, 10:46 PM
OK you trapped it. Now what

SilverLeaf
04-20-2015, 10:48 PM
A skunk stuck in a pail makes for pretty easy target practice with the .22. Had to throw away the bucket though....

11-Nick
04-20-2015, 11:34 PM
You shot the skunk in the bucket..... which was in the shed???

saphound
04-21-2015, 04:28 AM
So.. how does the shed smell now...

SilverLeaf
04-21-2015, 08:43 AM
Shed smells fine. That's the other thing - the syrup was keeping him from being able to get his rear end up in the air to let any odor loose. He was really well contained. So it was really easy to cover him up, get him outside & finish him off.

saphound
04-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Just wondering because they often times release the stink from a violent death...butt up or not.

SilverLeaf
04-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Nope. Then again, maybe I just got lucky?

Jairo Cruz Rua
04-22-2015, 07:57 AM
That sounds like a marketable skunk trap! The packaging should read, " just add water to release".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk