PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning tubing with CV2

western mainer
04-19-2015, 05:52 PM
How are you cleaning your tubing with the CV2? do you have to cut them off?
Thanks Brian

Russell Lampron
04-19-2015, 06:11 PM
I used to clean my tubing by carrying a bucket of water from tap to tap and sucking water into the taps with the vacuum on which you can do with the cv2's. You can do that if you want to but I stopped washing my tubing 2 years ago. The sap that turns into vinegar in the tubing actually seems to leave the tubing cleaner than cleaning with water. I dump the first sap that comes into the releaser and keep the rest. The amount of sap that I get per tap is the same too.

adk1
04-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Last year was the first year that I didn't rime my tubing.mi had the worse squirrel damage than ever.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks Brian

I have a 4 gallon backpack sprayer that I spray a small out of RO water in each tap to flush it and laterals clean. Works with CV also but I won't use them again after this year. Too many tips in trees regardless of how I tried to remove them. I wasn't impressed with them.

western mainer
04-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks for you replies here, The mains are easy to do here it's the Mt top that's the bear.
Brian

ryebrye
04-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks Brian

They don't recommend you clean if you use CV2s because the effort isn't cost effective.

That being said I'm cleaning mine with pressurized water. I connect it to the mainline and at each tap after I pull it and mark the taphole with paint (to make it easier to avoid tapping next to it next year) I take a wire wrapping tool and put the hook into the tip and pull it out and let the ball shoot out, let water run out for a little while, then put the tip back on and put it on the pin on the tee.

I'm cleaning mine because I'm using 3/16 and want to avoid it clogging up.

At the end I let it drain and then turn the pump back on to help suck out any remaining water and leave the tubing mostly dry.

Ryan