PDA

View Full Version : two arches to one chimney

mc511
04-15-2015, 09:28 AM
simply put, I am going to have two oil tank evaporators next and I am building a sugar house. Can I run both evaporators to one chimney, or do I have to run two chimneys. the evaporators will be about 4 feet apart on the same level. thanks. mc511

Bucket Head
04-15-2015, 11:40 AM
You might have a draft problem with only one burning, or the two not burning the same. I suppose you could try it. Just make sure the chimney pipe is large enough for the two rigs. Say, like two 6 or 8 inch pipes going to a 10 or 12 inch pipe, for example.

What size evaporator could you see yourself owning down the road? Do the chimney one time and size it for that. Go big. It won't affect the two "smaller" rigs as much as it will if its too small for the evaporator.

RileySugarbush
04-15-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't think that would work well.

Jairo Cruz Rua
04-15-2015, 12:16 PM
This is just a thought. How do you plan running two arches at the same time? I keep very busy and stressed running just one arch. Maybe you should build one larger arch? Just a thought.
But I agree, build big. I am planning an extension to my sugar house now. I though it was big when I built it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk