PDA

View Full Version : cleaning nitre out of pan

1hardmaple
04-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Hello, im sure this question has been asked lots of times but I cant find the thread so...can anyone tell me how to get that brown out of the bottom of my stainless pan.....thank you

lakeview maple
04-12-2015, 07:44 PM
put a inch of water in the pan and a depending on the size of the pan white or cider vinegar, I let mine soak for a few hours and most times the niter comes right up , if its really stubborn repeat until clean, make sure to rinse well when done and use a green scrub pad.

madmapler
04-12-2015, 07:58 PM
If you build a little fire under it and bring it to a simmer it'll work even better. I use dairy acid in mine and it lifts right up as soon as the simmer starts.

boondocker
04-12-2015, 08:12 PM
I use vinegar in mine. I put just enough in to cove the bottom of the pans and I let mine sit for a couple days and it rinses right off with a hose. I buy in bulk at Sam's Club.

Flat Lander Sugaring
04-12-2015, 08:14 PM
sugar maker out in NY thats sends his down to local body shop and they soda blast it for him. I thought pan was brand new when I saw it a few years ago, think he said it was a couple years old then

PerryW
04-12-2015, 09:49 PM
I use acid that they sell specifically for cleaning evaporators. The back pan peeks right off in half an hour but even with the acid, the front pan needs lots of scrubbing w/ scotchbright pads.

stoweski
04-13-2015, 04:59 AM
I second the vinegar & water trick. And definitely get it simmering for a while, then let it sit. Mines doing that now. Will rinse in a couple of days. Not much scrubbing to do after that. Just pressure wash and a light wipe with a scotchbrite pad gets it clean.