PDA

View Full Version : Maple Whiskey Shooters @ Wedding

JDP
04-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Took a mason jar of my maple syrup as a gift to a wedding last night. (Also gave the traditional monetary gift)
The jar was opened and each ounce of whiskey was blessed with 3 spoonfuls of maple syrup. Everyone went wild drinking these at our table. In fact, the table next to us also had a couple rounds until the liter of syrup was completely empty. Most agreed the mix tasted like Gran Marnier. Man it was smooth considering the ounce of whiskey it was masking!

Anyone else have a maple syrup mix worth trying?

markct
04-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Straight Onyx moonshine blended 2 parts syrup to 3 parts moonshine. I always show up with a mason jar of it at parties and its a big hit. I even had a case of shotglasses made up with the sugarhouse name. We use them for syrup samples in the sugarhouse too

motowbrowne
04-12-2015, 09:04 AM
My preferred method is to offer tasting sips of syrup followed by whisky of choice. Taking them separately offers better tasting of each, and the viscosity of the syrup makes it so that you start and end on a syrup note.

Galena
04-12-2015, 09:08 AM
There is already a thread for drinks featuring maple here on the site. Enter maple drinks in the search box at the top right section of the page and you'll find it.