PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Metal, mill finish or shiny stainless pans

nekgsa
04-11-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm looking at purchasing a new rig from Sunrise Metal and it looks like the pans come in two different finishes, either a dull mill finish or the shiny stainless. I wanted to ask this community if anyone can think of any advantages to the shiny finish other than looks. Is it easier to clean? Syrup quality? anything concerning the function.

Thanks!

PerryW
04-11-2015, 10:24 AM
I have the shiny finish and it shows every scratch and blemish. I think I would have preferred the dull finish.

delivron
04-16-2015, 05:29 AM
Bright Stainless is easier to clean. If you have guests it is also more impressive with bright stainless. All other items are equal.

Webmaster for www.sunriseevaporator.com

Andy deLivron

CampHamp
04-16-2015, 08:46 AM
I went with the shiny pans and mill sides on the arch from Sunrise. I was only thinking about aesthetics and resale value.

FDA
04-16-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm looking at purchasing a new rig from Sunrise Metal and it looks like the pans come in two different finishes, either a dull mill finish or the shiny stainless. I wanted to ask this community if anyone can think of any advantages to the shiny finish other than looks. Is it easier to clean? Syrup quality? anything concerning the function.

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I just ordered a 2x8 mill finish evaporator from sunrise. I can wait to boil on it next year. I don't think any maple manufacture even comes close to the quality and efficiency of a sunrise evaporator right now. I looked at everything out there and they are heads and shoulders ahead of everyone.