PDA

View Full Version : Looking for high pressure pump for a 900

wiam
04-08-2015, 10:22 AM
High pressure pump on my seprotech got loud last night. It is a Magakist M39 piston pump. Sounds kind of like a rod knock but I pulled cover off and crankshaft end of rods seem tight. Anyone have one or has changed out to a rotary on one of these I would love to hear from you. Wish me luck.

madmapler
04-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Its strange you should be posting about this right now. My memtec started making noises last night but I'm pretty sure its in the recirc. loop. We also found a flo check that was broken. I would think the majikist pumps would be pretty rebuildable. I believe carwashes still use them. You don't happen to know how much oil they take do you? Mine has a cap but no dipstick. I wouldn't be surprised if Clayton couldn't steer you in the right direction. Thanks. BTW. My pump sounds like it has several rods knocking. I thought that's just how they were. The noise sharpens and softens according to the pressure applied but I'm sure you probably are aware of that.

wiam
04-08-2015, 02:12 PM
I had an M38e in my Memtek. Yes they are noisy, but this got louder last night. They will also "chatter" if the relief valve is not set right. And yes Clayton is on my short list to call.

madmapler
04-08-2015, 05:58 PM
I didn't know you got a different one. I was thinking we had the same thing. You don't know what the oil fill level is do you? I think mine is the m38. Thanks.

wiam
04-08-2015, 11:30 PM
I don't remember. The 39 has a sight glass on the cover opposite the pistons.