PDA

View Full Version : Pan dividers

Harken
02-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Has anyone welded dividers into a flat pan ?? Will they stay, or come out due to the constant heating-cooling ? Comercial syrup pans have the dividers formed with the bottom, so the dividers are double thickness.

Ken

Bucket Head
02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Ken,
Soldered divider's will come apart if you burn the pan. Welded one's will not. The pan and divider's will warp badly, but they will not separate, provided they were not poorly welded. I welded flue's and divider's in my pan's. I should add that my pan's are homemade and are of a thicker gauge than the factory made rig's.

What gauge is your pan? Can you or a family member/friend/neighbor weld? As long as you have sap in the pan, soldered or welded pans will be fine.

WF MASON
02-15-2007, 08:19 AM
If you already have a flat pan , you can from dividers and drop them in. Make sure they have a couple of bends on the top to prevent warping and a 90 on the bottom. Don't over do it on the welding , stich weld or tac every 1/4" is fine. The sap will flow the easy route, around the end. After two boils niter will fill in under the seam.