PDA

View Full Version : downsizing and selling off

killingworthmaple
04-07-2015, 01:53 PM
It’s a little sad but we have made a decision as a family to get smaller. I started 10 years ago with 1 tree and a turkey fryer and worked my way up to a 350 taps a Cadillac 2x6 evaporator, bottler, finisher, tanks, pumps and have decided to let it go, in the future just tap a few trees to make enough syrup for the family. This site has been a great help as I learned how to make syrup, thanks to all for all your help when I had questions.

Nathan
860-604-8115

markct
04-08-2015, 06:21 AM
Sorry to hear that but knowing how much time i spend on maple i wouldnt fault anyone with a family for that decision. Im a single guy with no kids etc someday if that changes i may be in the same boat. At this point tho my life is still dedicated to maple and always looking for more tanks if you have any your interested in selling send me a msg.

Sugarmaker
04-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Good luck! Sounds like you will still make some syrup in the spring.
Regards,
Chris

BreezyHill
04-08-2015, 07:57 AM
I am sure it was a hard decision to come to. But on the other hand you will have time to spend with the family and make more memories.

You can even visit those of us that are still struggling with our addiction.

Congratulations on your decision!

Send me a pm with what you are selling as we are still in a growth mode for several years to come.

Enjoy the next phase!

Ben

palmer4th
04-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Do you have a canner for sale?

vermontpure
04-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Sorry to hear. I'm sure your family will appreciate it. Pm a list of what your selling as im trying to expand.

YoungFamilyFarm
04-09-2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the great conversation last night Nathan. You've really put together a nice set-up!

killingworthmaple
04-09-2015, 07:20 AM
I will still be making syrup it's just gonna be a lot smaller boil 2 times a week with friends. As suggested in one of the post we are thinking of taking next spring and visiting sugaring operations up north, something we did not have the time to do before. All of my equipment is for sale. I listed them here if you want more pictures text me or call for details. I have everything from 2x6 down to taps and fittings. If someone is looking to buy a great evaporator it is a wonder to behold when boiling 30+ min load times stack temp 950-1000 sap rushing in one side and syrup running out for the other.

Boy maybe I should reconsider LOL.

Nathan
860-604-8115