PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Maple Poem

lando
04-01-2015, 11:29 PM
I just wrote this up....figured im not the only one awake boilin'

Into the night we go!

rolling steam ..clear skies...last of greens...chilly..feed wood...waylon speed ...almost full moon...jet trails... the air it dances....moment of maple!

asknupp
04-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Yep! You need to get some sleep.lol. way to be creative and pass the time though.

Galena
04-02-2015, 06:42 AM
A little more work, and it could be a haiku :-)

Cedar Eater
04-02-2015, 08:47 AM
That has to be the most unique introductory post that I've seen here. Welcome. If you intend to make a career of writing poems about making maple syrup, I would suggest that you don't quit your day job. It's not that the poem was that bad. It's just that those of us who can appreciate it are few and broke from feeding our addiction.

lando
04-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Galena...sounds like to much format for my ramblings lol :D

lol asknupp

4am finish time last night.....a nice night.

ha.cedar eater..thanks for the equally entertaining welcome. I've been reading here for a little while now. This year very excited to have gotten a beautiful smoky lake 16x30(or 32") pan. After 3 years of "backyardin" with various hang around materials this setup is a dream. Actually a write up by Big Eddy is what heavily influenced this years setup.

I think getting the firewood to process said syrup will limit the addition part :D My old man had a commercial...factory style setup ,selling syrup when I was a kid....a lot of memories of dragging food out the sap house when I was a little guy...falling asleep in the sap shack in the woods. Still go camping out in the old shack from time to time to just listen to the forest and creeks.. :D ..so yeah its been in my blood for a long time...and my kids...yeah..its their also..woot.

btw I cannot promise another poor poem won't pop up again in some future date. :D