PDA

View Full Version : Flue Pan Brushes Breaking...

johnallin
04-01-2015, 10:40 AM
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've broken two flue pan brushes.

I have a Leader Patriot 2x6 raised flue pan. The last brush was designed for raised flues, started running it back and forth, the wire bent and it got stuck in the flue and snapped off.

Do any of you have a suggestion? Thanks John

Ekrueger
04-01-2015, 11:52 AM
I broke two of them as well. They broke the first time that I used each them. I ended up welding in a 5/16" rod to support the twisted wire. Will post a picture later. With the adde support, it now works well. I have a Lapierre and thought maybe my flues were too narrow for the brush.

johnallin
04-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Thank you. A picture would be great. I don't know if there's enough of the brush left though...as I sent it flying across the room when I finally got it pulled out of the rig!!

Jal-Bear
04-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Same thing here. It was a really tight fit up in the flues and after going back and forth a couple of times it completely bent and broke off. It is as if the brush was a bit too wide to fit up in the flues and any force just bends it until it breaks.

Ekrueger
04-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Here is the photo of my fix. I had some poor welds where the non bristles contaminated the welds! The brush now works great.

nymapleguy607
04-02-2015, 05:12 AM
I had to take the propane torch and narrow my brush to fit as well, still tight but it works much better.