PDA

View Full Version : Yet another pan question

kitkat
03-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Has anyone ever tried media or sand blasting the inside on a pan to get the charred syrup out of it ?

beaglebriar
04-01-2015, 01:12 AM
Think I've heard of people soda blasting.

Flat47
04-01-2015, 07:37 AM
I'd try Powdered Brewer's Wash first before pulling the pan off the arch. Google it - you can buy it from home brew places are mix your own using ingredients readily available from most local hardware stores.

Heat some water in your pan and then mix in some PBW, then let it soak overnight or all day. The longer the soak the better. Then srub (if need be) and rinse. The stuff works really well.

Planethill
04-03-2015, 01:41 PM
I am new to sugaring this year, but have been a homebrewer for a long time and Flat47 is correct. PBW and some very hot water, soak overnight, and it will clean up your stainless steel wonderfully. You will just have to rinse, rinse, rinse like crazy afterwards.

It's what the large breweries use as well to clean their kettle, etc of "beer stone" (a hard byproduct coating of the boil, kinda like niter.)

I buy mine here: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/powdered-brewery-wash.html?gclid=CMn5nfrj2sQCFVQ2gQodKzwAOQ

mudr
04-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Northern brewer is a great company. PHENOMENAL service