PDA

View Full Version : Leaks galore

maple flats
03-30-2015, 07:05 AM
I don't normally like to bad mouth a product, but I have to replace all of my Leader Cam lock saddles, nearly every one is leaking. Last year I tried those saddles, quick and easy. They sealed well last year. All of my mains in that woods is Leader 30P, 1". No leak issues the first season, now on yr. 2 there is about a 95% failure of the seals and due to the simplicity, there is no provision to tighten them further. I suppose I could come up with the proper thickness of something, to put under the clamp to tighten them back up, but I choose to remove them and replace them with the DSD mainline tube connector style saddle. Those were used on my new expansion this year. It is an idea so simple it amazes me none of the big boys thought of it (or maybe they did and decided not to make them because you will have a saddle that never gets thrown out and replaced, the 2 wear parts are cheap and easy to replace if needed). The saddle that I use can fit 1/2"-1" (I have never used 1/2", but still have some 3/4"). It is built on a SS band screw clamp, has a hole in the clamp where an elbow fitting and a seal go, then just push the fitting thru the hole in the mainline and tighten the clamp, if there is ever a leak, just tighten a little more. If you ever need a new seal, they are only 24 cents. Another product DSD makes that is absolutely super, is the mainline drill bit. It is short enough that it only goes thru the first side, cuts super fast and is way handier and faster that any other way I have made the hole to accept a saddle

tuckermtn
03-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Dave - any reply from Leader? they are generally pretty good at customer service.

Maplewalnut
03-30-2015, 10:44 AM
who is dsd???

madmapler
03-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear that Dave.(Especially after installing these myself) What do you think is happening? None of mine are leaking yet but this is the first year. Would you say that its the majority of them?

VTmaplehobby
03-31-2015, 12:11 PM
I didn't know about them either but here is a link to a bunch of their products.
http://www.dsdstars.com/en_index.php