PDA

View Full Version : Shurflow pump really works.

moonshine
03-30-2015, 05:12 AM
Over the past two days, my Shurflow pump has really shinned. When all my other trees were doing just so so, my pump connected to 20 trees just kept pulling in a significant flow of sap. Was running well last night at nine oclock. For less than a hundred bucks, it is well worth the investment. I will connect it to more trees next year. I am located in Farmington if anyone wants to come by and see it. I will take a photo of it today and post.

TerryEspo
03-30-2015, 06:16 AM
I love to hear your Shurflo is doing its job, soon I can try mine. Looking forward to any pics or video you post.

Thanks for sharing.

Terry

eagle lake sugar
03-30-2015, 06:32 AM
We have a large tree next to the sugarhouse where we put a bucket down low for the kids to see. I also have it piped into my tubing at around 6.5 ft. off the ground. Yesterday as expected, the tree was flowing into the tubing but the bucket was dry.

Biz
03-30-2015, 08:04 AM
I have 2 lines near each other, one is 26 taps 3/16 gravity tubing (only 10-12' drop) and one is 13 taps on a Shurflo pump that I am testing. All red maples. One day last week the gravity line gave 5 gallons and the Shurflo line with half as many taps gave 12 gallons. About 4 times the amount of sap per tap. Another Shurflo pump fan!

Dave