PDA

View Full Version : How to pump water and compressed air through tubing for cleaning at the end season

ttowle3
03-29-2015, 09:17 PM
I am wondrin How to pump water and compressed air through tubing for cleaning at the end season. What equipment should I use as in pumps and what is ratio of water to compressed air?
What type of pump do use?
What additives such as hydrogen peroxide or chorlne etc.
Any other tips much appreciated.

BreezyHill
03-29-2015, 09:39 PM
The best tip you will get is Don't do it.

We did it for two seasons...never had so many leaks and problems with connections pulling apart.

Still have the machine, has not been used in along time. My son is planning on getting it going again and selling it. He is taking a small engine class at college.

For many years since we jus sucked in with the vac a Clorox solution and it worked very well. Last season was the first on the peroxide...end of season we sucked it thru with vac on and rinsed. Then learned from Steve Childs to applicate it into the spout and let sit for at least 30 minutes and then could vac it out or let it flush out with first run.

We let it flush out. Seems to have done a good job and currently we are over half of last seasons production. I used a new garden sprayer to pump the product into the spouts. It was quick and easy.

I think we will do the same method this season also. I have used the perocide to wash storage tanks a few times and it seems to work very well.

Ben